Thursday, May 05, 2005

Age

I been feeling older and older lately. I am also definitely looking older. It saddens me. And no, not because I am not young per se. I been feeling bad about getting older for quite some time. Mainly because I feel unaccomplished and inexperienced for my age. There is so much I haven't done. And the time is slipping away to do a lot of the things I should be doing. I wasn't too badly behind the curve at 22 but I basically stopped in my tracks since then. My life is a mess and I know it. But if I started to change it today (and was actually successful), what would I be by the time I am done? 35? 40? A 40 year old somewhere at the stage of a 25 yr old. That is depressing.

3 comments:

Bolivian Ferret said...

Hell Sig, you wouldn't be that far behind most 40 year olds either.

Anonymous said...

"Mainly because I feel unaccomplished and inexperienced for my age."

In comparison to what? Who sets these timelines - aren't they a little arbitrary (and maybe even ridiculous)? People will do what they will in their own time - including you. Everyone does this. You can avoid one thing - and that's feeling bad about these supposed expectations. It's one thing to use this mentality for a push in the direction of positive motivation - it's another to feel unhappy about 'not being caught up', or whatever. Don't put yourself into the guilt trap of "should". Know what I mean? =]

sig said...

Well, I was reffering to a multitude of things. But some measures I am far ahead but by a number of them I am way behind. I know I should just accept it and move on but I am human and it isnt always easy.