Tuesday, September 13, 2005

At least it is something or is it nothing?

Well, I have to agree with Billmon, there is a first time for everything. And I want to say at least it is something, some sign of remorse. I think many things of the man, but cruelty was never one of them. His initial detached reaction to the hurricane, to be honest, shocked me. His more proactive stance, however, strikes me as nothing but political gamemanship. It is often true that the american public is forgiving to a fault. If Nixon said "there has been a fuck up and we are putting the people away" early on, I doubt he would have resigned. I think Bush is trying to play that angle. Why? Because it is the lazy way. And the one thing that I have learned over the years is Bush is a lazy, lazy man. He comes off as stupid and unaware because of this. He just does not care about anything related to the job or what we associate with civic political service. He likes a tussle (campaigning), he likes his sports, he likes his vacation time. Other than that, I can honestly say I have no clue about the man. Clinton? Workaholic, smarter than most of us can hope to be, an information whore. Bush 41? A statesman/ambassador. Deeply involved in "the game". Reagan? Passionate about anti-communism and all else was merely towards that goal.

----
It has been long enough. I think we can safely assume my streak is intact. And I think I need to admit I am a wuss/scared. bleh

No comments: